Internet of ThingsJanuary 31, 2022 2022-01-31 11:53
Internet of Things
Impact of Internet of Things on Our Life
Internet of Things (IoT) simply means a wireless network that interconnects devices, machines, or vehicles with the help of sensors, software and etc and these objects are able to collect and transfer data over a wireless network without any human intervention.
There can be both positive as well as negative impact of internet of things on our life such as:
- Easy access to education – IoT has evolved so much that now it can help students with the study as there are many technologies where students ask the device question and devices provide the answer, it also helps children who face difficulties in reading long text so they can simply just turn on text to speech and can select and hear the text this will help them immensely with learning.
- Enhanced Connections – IoT has enhanced the level of communication as communication between humans seems impossible at one point of time when there was no telephones or Mobile available and fast forward to today, we can literally communicate with objects like light, Ac, TV, Music system, Fridge, and etc with the help of sensors which help object connect with the physical environment.
- Cost Effective – The reason why IoT is becoming popular day by day is that it’s very cost – effective, it is easily available and the best part it cost absolutely Zero money for maintenance.
- IoT can be widely used for monitoring the vibrations in the building, monuments, bridges, and dams during the natural calamity such as earthquakes or tsunamis. This could be huge help to control any natural disaster beforehand.
- Internet of things protect our houses and lockers from thievery – we can open our house gate and locker with one tab of internet of things which protect our house from thieves.
- Automation of Job – Technologies are getting smarter day by day and can perform task way better than humans and it’s a possible threat that within next 10-20 years these technologies can easily wipe out millions of jobs as most business and companies are using technologies as its cost-effective and can perform the complex task in less time. Many professionals and worker which are highly in demand now can become worthless in the future as artificial intelligence will replace them.
- Pose Security Threat – As humans is surrounded by lots of IoT devices that collect and share data this pose a security threat as humans are unaware that such devices can collect sensitive information and this data can be compromised in near future as hackers finding different-different ways to breach the security as for normal people it’s difficult to stay up to date with the security issue.
- Over dependency on IOT – IoT has made like of people easy as the main objective of IoT is to encourage over-dependency of the people on technology which is resulting in people are getting unproductive as it decreases their power to think critically, being creative.
- Lack of Compatibility – In the present world scenario, we require Arduino IoT kit for running any of the Sensor based application which is quite expensive in the market. This means the concept of IoT doesn’t support compatibility in terms of USB connectivity.