Technology vs HumanityJanuary 30, 2022 2022-01-30 3:09
Technology vs Humanity
Is technology making us less Human?
Technology has its good and bad impacts in our lives. In this fast-paced changing world, people are increasingly becoming more dependent on technology. It has the ability to lessen stress, complications, and the same provides solutions to our problems in the society we live in. Technology changes our lives because it makes our battle for existence easier. It has become an important tool of communication with other people. It also provides us depth of information that can help us in our education. Technology has given humanity the reprieve of life’s complicated voyage.
Yes, technology is making us feel less human. The reason behind which is –
- Technology has allowed us humans to be able to interact with other humans without fact to face contact. It allows us to avoid confrontation which diminishes our social skills and ability to problem solve.
- Presently, people have more time facing their mobile devices than spending time physically with the usual people they had gotten to interact with during normal times.
- Technology has reduced the physical interaction with one another, where every member of the family, or even the usually physically close friends, can show their affections and build quality time and strong relationships with each other. The result of which is technology is destroying relationship.
- People are now engaging in trolling and cyberbullying. Hiding behind devices is giving them the courage to harass other people, which they may not do face-to-face. This is the deterioration of moral values.
- Our decision-making skills are also getting affected as we are now asking search engines to know what is best, to read others’ solutions. We are depending on the knowledge base of the internet even at offices to finish the work at hand. This affects cognitive skills, which is the essential quality of humans.
- Some companies are building strategies to use their apps for a longer time, to keep us addicted to their apps and devices so that they can show advertisements to us. And they can use our data to manipulate our decisions for their profits. These strategies are turning humans into just targets.
- When we start surfing the internet or using our mobile devices, we tend to forget the other important things that we need to do. While we are entertained on browsing the net or playing on your mobile device, we do not notice how much time we have consume.
- For some students, especially those who devote their time playing rather than researching for their studies, it became a sort of destruction. They spent most of their time using these devices that deviates their attention from the things that they need to do.
- Technology also affects peoples sleep as most people which includes children uses mobile phone whole night instead of sleeping due to which their health is getting effected.
- Due to so much dependent on technology many people don’t remember anything which is a happening in their life most of the people don’t even remember their phone number.