Garib Kalyan Anna YojanaJanuary 26, 2022 2022-01-26 16:01
Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana and its impact on Indian poor…
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana is a comprehensive relief package of rupees 2 lakh crore Yojana for the poor people to help them to fight the battle against coronavirus. This was announced in march 2020, to reach out the poorest people with food and money in hand, so they do not face difficulties in buying essential supplies and meeting essential needs.
- Free resources were provided by the government for 3 months to poor people so that it in this difficult situation when most of the poor people were unemployed should get adequate amount of protein.
- The resource includes – 5 kg rice and wheat. This is given in addition to the quota of rice at Rs 3/ kg and wheat Rs2/kg.
- 1 kg pulses will be given free of cost by the government to meet the protein requirement.
- This program is operated by the department of food and public distribution under the ministry of consumer affairs, food and public distribution.
- The scale of this welfare scheme make it the largest food security program in the world.
- To reduce the loss caused by the outbreak of covid-19 in India, the finance minister launched the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana for the PPC families.
- The cabinet committee led by PM Modi on 24 November 2021 has extended the Garib Kalyan Yojana and also approved that free resources will be provided for the months after Diwali in November till March 22.
- The government has spent more than 2lakh crores and made sure that free rations were available for more than 80 crore people during the pandemic.
- The entire cost of this additional allocation under pm Garib Kalyan Yojana including the expenditure on interstate transportation dealer margin accept will be borne by government of India without any sharing by state and union territories.